- Energy Audits
- Basement Encapsulation
- Windows & Doors
- How We Can Help You
- Rebates & Financing
- Efficiency Maine
How We Can Help You
Your needs are as unique as your home, but many homeowners share similar concerns. Here are the most common problems we solve:
Is your home too hot or too cold?
A leaky, poorly insulated house usually has drafts, cold spots, and cold floors. Worst of all, a house that’s too cold all winter is likely too warm all summer too. Proper insulation and air sealing will dramatically improve the comfort of your home.
- Make cold floors cozy. Basement insulation and air sealing keeps cold air from leaking through your foundation and chilling your first floor.
- Get more equal temperatures between floors. You’ll notice the biggest difference in the summer, when proper attic insulation keeps super-heated air from leaking into your upstairs living space.
- Stop losing heat to cold walls. Cold, uninsulated walls pull radiant heat out of your body. Packing empty wall cavities with cellulose insulation slows that heat loss to keep you more comfortable.
- Make additions work better. Additions are often the weak link in a home’s thermal envelope. Fully insulating the crawlspace and air sealing the seams between new and old reduces drafts and keeps you warm.
Ready for a more comfortable home? Schedule a free consult.
Are you paying high energy bills?
Installing more efficient light bulbs, low-flow showerheads, and programmable thermostats will shave a bit off your energy bills, but if you're looking for significant savings, comprehensive improvements can lead to a 25-50% drop in your overall heating costs.
- Keep heated air inside longer. When air leaks out of your home, it takes heat – and energy dollars – with it. Air sealing and insulation, especially in your basement and attic, tighten up your home to keep heat where it belongs.
- Get a great return on investment. Not only do comprehensive projects dramatically lower heating costs, they also provide other long-term benefits. Improved indoor air quality. Reduced drafts and more even temperatures. Decreased carbon footprint . And a better performing and more durable home increases home value.
- Consider an energy loan. Efficiency Maine loans let you spread your investment in energy efficiency out over 15 years, and annual energy savings often covers annual loan payments.
Wonder how much you could save? Schedule a free consult to find out.
Is your house musty or damp?
Whether your home is prone to seasonal floods or occasional dampness, basement moisture diffuses through your home, fostering mold and compromising indoor air quality. Encapsulation totally transforms damp basements into dry, healthy, usable spaces.
- Manage basement moisture – and odors. Keep water vapor from infiltrating your basement and everything will smell better.
- Reduce allergies and asthma. Most of the air in your home has passed through your basement (the stack effect guarantees it). Luckily, encapsulation makes your home warm, dry, and healthy: research shows that moisture remediation reduces the risk of asthma by a third.
- Gain usable space. Whether you need more storage space, a more pleasant laundry room, or an indoor roller skating rink for the kids, encapsulation expands your home.
- Deal with the problem once and for all.
Ready to transform your home? Schedule a free consult.
Do you have ice dams?
Ice dams may show up on your roof, but they’re not a roofing problem. They’re a sign that heat is escaping through your attic, melting snow and ice that drains along your roof and refreezes into icicles – or backs up under your shingles and into your house. Learn how ice dams form, and how adequate attic air sealing and insulation can stop the ice dam cycle.
- Eliminate the main cause of dangerous icicles. Falling icicles are a hazard to you and your gutters.
- Prevent water damage. Ice dams keep snowmelt on your roof, where it can back up under your shingles, rotting the roof deck and leaking in to damage your ceilings, walls, and more.
- Treat the problem, not the symptom. Raking snow off your roof, installing heat tape, and even replacing your roof, do help but they don't go to the root of the problem.
Ready to say goodbye to pervasive ice dams? Schedule a free consult.
Are your windows drafty or hard to operate?
Whether you’re claiming a porch as year-round living space or finally making your kitchen cozy, fully functional windows are essential to your home’s comfort, durability, and value. That’s why we’re pleased to offer windows from Marvin. Marvin shares our commitment to exceptional quality and customer service, and we’re proud to install their excellent windows with our signature attention to detail.
- Make the ultimate comfort improvement. Marvin’s ENERGY STAR-qualified windows with LoE coatings eliminate drafts, reduce heat loss, and cut heating costs. Our top-notch installation ensures that these quality windows fit perfectly into your home’s building envelope.
- Choose windows that are easy to operate, clean, and maintain. Double-hung windows have low-profile sash locks for smooth operation, plus the top and bottom sashes tilt and remove for hassle-free cleaning.
If you own a historic home, you understand how difficult it can be to optimize indoor comfort while also preserving the structure’s timeless... Read More